Fish-WIKS News» Go to news main
Nunavut holds public meetings on draft polar bear management plan
Nunavut's Wildlife Management Board is holding public meetings in Iqaluit this week to discuss Nunuvut's draft polar bear management plan. The plan is being developed as human-polar bear interactions, including fatal encounters, are increasing, intensifying debate about management priorities.
For more on this story, click on the links below.
Inuit lives must be protected over polar bears, Nunavut community says – Nov 14, 2018 CBC.ca
'So many bears': Draft plan says Nunavut polar bear numbers unsafe – Nov 12, 2018 CBC.ca
Co-Management in Nunavut - polarbearscanada.ca
- Mi'kmaw education authority in Nova Scotia a national leader ‑ Canadian Press
- Fish‑WIKS Partner Takes Leading Role in New Project
- Nunavut holds public meetings on draft polar bear management plan
- Condolences on the passing of Elder Murdena Marshall
- Mawio'mi Photo Essay
- Legacy Space Opened at Dalhousie's Killam Library
- Treaty Day & Mi'kmaq History Month
- Senator Murray Sinclair addresses Belong Forum on topic of reconciliation