Fish-WIKS News» Go to news main
Condolences on the passing of Elder Murdena Marshall
Mi'kmaw elder and knowledge keeper Murdena Marshall died this week at the age of 76 after a long life of service to her community. Elder Marshall was a long-time educator, an expert in traditional knowledge, and a fluent speaker of the Mi'kmaw language. She was a professor of Mi'kmaq Studies at Cape Breton University and was key in the creation of its Integrative Science program.
The Fish-WIKS family extends its condolences to the family, friends, and community of Elder Marshall. We know she will be deeply missed by many.
- Mi'kmaw education authority in Nova Scotia a national leader ‑ Canadian Press
- Fish‑WIKS Partner Takes Leading Role in New Project
- Nunavut holds public meetings on draft polar bear management plan
- Condolences on the passing of Elder Murdena Marshall
- Mawio'mi Photo Essay
- Legacy Space Opened at Dalhousie's Killam Library
- Treaty Day & Mi'kmaq History Month
- Senator Murray Sinclair addresses Belong Forum on topic of reconciliation