Fish-WIKS News» Go to news main
Fish‑WIKS Arctic Team Collaboration Results in Student Contributions
Masters student Erin Keenan and summer student researcher Jessica Hurtubise will present during Sustainable Oceans 2015, an annual student-organized conference which aims to address the challenges with knowledge integration in marine policy and management. This year’s conference will focus on Canadian-led developments in ocean management and sustainability from the Pacific, Arctic and Maritime regions. Jessica will present the results of her summer research and Erin will give an oral presentation entitled “Mobilizing Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit in narwhal management through community empowerment: A case study in Naujaat, NU”.
The conference takes place in Halifax, NS, October 2-3. Visit the conference website.
- Learning Lodge on Mi’kmaw Livelihood Rights
- RoseAnne Archibald elected as national chief of Assembly of First Nations
- Mary Simon named as Canada’s first Indigenous governor general
- Mi'kmaw‑Led Conservation Webinar Series ‑ Thurs March 25 at 6 pm
- FishWIKS team members Lydia Ross and Lucia Fanning publish paper on informed management decision‑making
- FishWIKS team member Nicole LaTulippe co‑authors paper on need to make way for Indigenous research leadership
- FishWIKS IDPhD student Mirjam Held publishes paper in International Journal of Qualitative Methods on challenges of carrying out decolonising research in Nunavut
- FishWIKS research provides insights into fishing dispute