Fish-WIKS News» Go to news main
Fish‑WIKS Arctic Team Collaboration Results in Student Contributions
Masters student Erin Keenan and summer student researcher Jessica Hurtubise will present during Sustainable Oceans 2015, an annual student-organized conference which aims to address the challenges with knowledge integration in marine policy and management. This year’s conference will focus on Canadian-led developments in ocean management and sustainability from the Pacific, Arctic and Maritime regions. Jessica will present the results of her summer research and Erin will give an oral presentation entitled “Mobilizing Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit in narwhal management through community empowerment: A case study in Naujaat, NU”.
The conference takes place in Halifax, NS, October 2-3. Visit the conference website.
- Mi'kmaw education authority in Nova Scotia a national leader ‑ Canadian Press
- Fish‑WIKS Partner Takes Leading Role in New Project
- Nunavut holds public meetings on draft polar bear management plan
- Condolences on the passing of Elder Murdena Marshall
- Mawio'mi Photo Essay
- Legacy Space Opened at Dalhousie's Killam Library
- Treaty Day & Mi'kmaq History Month
- Senator Murray Sinclair addresses Belong Forum on topic of reconciliation