The School of Information Management is very pleased to welcome Dr. Philippe Mongeon to the School as an Assistant Professor as of July 1st, 2020. Dr. Mongeon is just finishing a Post Doc at Aarhus University in Denmark with the Danish Centre for Studies in Research and Research Policy. He holds a Master’s degree and a Ph.D. in Information Science from the École de Bibliothéconomie et des sciences de l’information, Université de Montréal. Dr. Mongeon is currently the President of The Canadian Association for Information Science / l’Association canadienne des sciences de l’information (CAIS/ACSI).
Here is a short bio of Dr. Mongeon in his own words: I am a supporter of open science with a Ph.D. in Information Science from the University of Montreal. My research uses bibliometric and other quantitative methods to study the dynamics and practices of knowledge production, dissemination and use, as well as research evaluation and governance. More specifically, I work on a broad range of topics, such as research collaboration, scientific misconduct, scholarly publishing, data sharing, research funding, social media, networks, and the evolution of scientific fields. I like to adopt a critical perspective in my research, teaching, and service as I strive to help the scientific communities better fulfill their societal roles.
We look forward to Dr. Mongeon joining us, and adding to our research capacity.
- Katie Kehoe Receives 2020 Margaret Williams Trust Fund Award
- SIM Co‑Authored Report on Food Waste Released
- SIM Alumna Publishes Debut Novel
- Alison Brown appointed Research Ethics Officer
- Make a difference: Support our Promise Scholars initiative for Black and Indigenous students
- Rachel Moylan Awarded the 2020 Stephanie Downs Memorial Award
- Welcome to Philippe Mongeon
- Credentialing a career: New MIM grad John Jenkins complements career experience with formalized learning