» Go to news main
SIM Alumni ‑ Higher Education News
SIM is excited to share the following alumni news:
- Lois Kamenitz (MLIS ’93; PhD candidate at York University Faculty of Education) has been awarded the Schlegel-University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging Scholarship by the Canadian Association on Gerontology. The award recognizes academic success and community involvement with older adults and supports doctoral students whose programs of study relate to gerontology. Read the full article here.
- Stuart Boon (MLIS ’01; Author, game designer and university lecturer) was awarded his PhD from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow Scotland (via Twitter).
Congrats Lois and Stuart!
We love to share our alum’s success stories! Are you an alumna/alumnus of SIM with a recent accomplishment or career development to share? Contact us today at email@example.com
(photo credit: York University)
(photo credit: Strathclyde University)
- SIM Alumni ‑ Higher Education News
- MI Student Wins 2nd Place at Virtual Reality Ocean Challenge
- Job Postings: Part‑Time Academic (2), Summer 2020
- MI Granted Continued ALA Accreditation Status
- Job Posting: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Lecturer
- “The more things change, the more they remain the same”: Dalhousie’s School of Information Management celebrates 50 years
- Dr. Mike Smit: Research Buzz
- Cassandra Larose Chosen as the 2019 Recipient of the Dalhousie‑Horrocks National Leadership Fund