» Go to news main
SIM Alumni ‑ Higher Education News
SIM is excited to share the following alumni news:
- Lois Kamenitz (MLIS ’93; PhD candidate at York University Faculty of Education) has been awarded the Schlegel-University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging Scholarship by the Canadian Association on Gerontology. The award recognizes academic success and community involvement with older adults and supports doctoral students whose programs of study relate to gerontology. Read the full article here.
- Stuart Boon (MLIS ’01; Author, game designer and university lecturer) was awarded his PhD from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow Scotland (via Twitter).
Congrats Lois and Stuart!
We love to share our alum’s success stories! Are you an alumna/alumnus of SIM with a recent accomplishment or career development to share? Contact us today at email@example.com
(photo credit: York University)
(photo credit: Strathclyde University)
- Rachel Moylan Awarded the 2020 Stephanie Downs Memorial Award
- Welcome to Philippe Mongeon
- Credentialing a career: New MIM grad John Jenkins complements career experience with formalized learning
- Notice of SIMAA Annual General Meeting
- Grad profile: A powerful voice
- Class of 1981: Staying connected from a distance
- Congrats to the Class of 2020!
- Job Posting: Part‑Time Academic, Summer 2020