» Go to news main
MLIS/MPA Alumnus Defends PhD
Ryan Deschamps (MLIS/MPA ’05) has successfully defended his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) thesis at the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy (University of Saskatchewan), in the field of social media and policy agenda setting.
The thesis title is: “Policy Agenda Setting and Twitter: Three Cases from Canada.” Former SIM Professor, Dr. Anatoliy Gruzd (now of Ryerson University) was the External Examiner. Ryan was the first graduate of the combined MLIS/MPA (Master of Library & Information Studies/Master of Public Administration) program.
Congrats Ryan, from everyone at SIM!
- Career Discovery Tours connect graduate student with real‑world experience
- Congratulations on another successful IWB Conference
- SIM Co‑Authored Social License Report Released
- Dual Passions Lead to Dual Degrees
- Dr. Louise Spiteri Receives ALISE Service Award
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking ‑ with New Twists (Mike Smit)
- Part‑Time Academic Posting (BMgmt Program)
- Expanding the Classroom Beyond the Lecture (Vivian Howard)