» Go to news main
MLIS/MPA Alumnus Defends PhD
Ryan Deschamps (MLIS/MPA ’05) has successfully defended his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) thesis at the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy (University of Saskatchewan), in the field of social media and policy agenda setting.
The thesis title is: “Policy Agenda Setting and Twitter: Three Cases from Canada.” Former SIM Professor, Dr. Anatoliy Gruzd (now of Ryerson University) was the External Examiner. Ryan was the first graduate of the combined MLIS/MPA (Master of Library & Information Studies/Master of Public Administration) program.
Congrats Ryan, from everyone at SIM!
- MLIS‑Assisted Archives Project Featured on CBC
- Data drives ideas as Faculty of Management hosts open data competition
- MLIS/MPA Alumnus Defends PhD
- Part‑Time Academic Postings: MLIS Program (2)
- MLIS/MPA Student Awarded Mitacs Globalink Research Award
- MLIS Alumna Custom Fashion Project Featured on CBC
- SIM alumna speaks on libraries, Indigenous communities and building relationships
- MLIS Thesis Students Awarded Graduate Research Scholarships