» Go to news main
MLIS/MPA Alumnus Defends PhD
Ryan Deschamps (MLIS/MPA ’05) has successfully defended his Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) thesis at the Johnson Shoyama Graduate School of Public Policy (University of Saskatchewan), in the field of social media and policy agenda setting.
The thesis title is: “Policy Agenda Setting and Twitter: Three Cases from Canada.” Former SIM Professor, Dr. Anatoliy Gruzd (now of Ryerson University) was the External Examiner. Ryan was the first graduate of the combined MLIS/MPA (Master of Library & Information Studies/Master of Public Administration) program.
Congrats Ryan, from everyone at SIM!
- MLIS Students Present Their Research at Right to Know Symposium
- Part‑Time Academic Postings (Winter 2018)
- Scarlett Kelly: A Summer of Research in France
- Rebecca Shaw Chosen as the 2017 Recipient of the Dalhousie‑Horrocks National Leadership Fund
- MLIS Student Represents Grad Studies on Dal 200 Banners
- Alberta Letts Award Winners Discuss Conference Presentations
- Heather Berringer: The 2017 Dal SIM Outstanding Alumni Award winner
- Journeys Through the Past