- Masters of Education (MEd), Curriculum Studies, Acadia University, 2017
- Certificate, Cardio-Pulmonary Technology, Canadian Association of Cardio-Pulmonary Technologists, 1996
- Diploma, Respiratory Therapy, (Registered Respiratory Therapist RRT) Victoria General Hospital School of Respiratory Therapy, 1991
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Mount Saint Vincent University, 1989
Tammy Scott has been teaching at the Dalhousie University School of Health Sciences in Respiratory since 1997. Her work experience involves critical care, patient care, and pulmonary function. Tammy developed and presently teaches a course entitled Cardiac and Pulmonary Diagnostics. Tammy has done consultative work with the Confederacy of Mainland Mi'kmaq, which involved presenting to children on the dangers of smoking. She has also conducted spirometry workshops to various groups.
Tammy is presently a member of the examination development and review committee of the Canadian Board for Respiratory Care Inc., whose goal is to provide an examination for credentialing at the highest educational caliber. She is now working with the Canadian Association of Cardio -Pulmonary technologist to create a National certification exam for spirometry.
- Nova Scotia College of Respiratory Therapists
- Canadian Association of Cardio-Pulmonary Technologists
- Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists
RSPT 1000.03, Respiratory Therapy Instrumentation and Techniques
RSPT 2050.03, Health Practice for Respiratory Therapy
RSPT 3020.06, Cardiac and Pulmonary Diagnostics