News» Go to news main
2018 Engineering Homecoming Events
Thursday, September 27
Dean’s Coffee Club
Topic: Evolving Engineering Education
Speakers: Dr. John Newhook, Dean of Engineering &
Dr. Clifton Johnston, Associate Professor & NSERC Chair in Design Engineering
Location: Emera IDEA Building, 1stFloor Classroom, Sexton Campus
Time: 9:30am – 11:00am
Sexton Campus has undergone a transformation with over $64 million invested in new and improved infrastructure. Meet the new Dean of Engineering, enjoy a cup of coffee and learn more about the IDEA project and its innovative spaces and new programming, which are evolving engineering education. Discussion will focus on how the faculty is enhancing the student experience, allowing them to better understand Engineering’s role in the innovation ecosystem and to explore their entrepreneurial ambitions based in engineering technology.
Sexton Campus Tour (following the presentation) 11:00am
Photo at Class of 1968 Framed Photo
Private Class of 1968 Dinner & 50th Pinning
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Location: Private room at Café Chianti Barrington Street (each individual/couple pays on own)
Please contact email@example.com if you plan to attend.
Saturday, September 29
Class of 2008 Reunion Lunch
Location: T-Room, Sexton Campus
Stop by for a slice from Alexandra’s and catch up with old friends in celebration of your 10th reunion!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by September 21 if you plan to attend.
Sexton Campus Tour and Reception
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Location: Sexton Campus – details TBD
Our campus is currently being transformed into a state of the art teaching and research facility. Join us on Homecoming weekend for your first look at the extensive renovations and additions that have taken place on Sexton campus.
Reception to follow.
More details will be announced as we get closer to the date! Please register by September 21st.
Private Class of 1978 Dinner
5:15pm – 7:30pm
Location: Café Chianti, Barrington Street
(each individual/couple pays on own)
Please contact email@example.com if you plan to attend.
- Sexton Scholar Makes an Impact on her Peers
- Capstone Team Responds to Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency's Call for Improvement
- Dalhousie Engineering Capstone Conference 2019
- Dalhousie Professor Inducted as Engineering Institute of Canada Fellow
- Dalhousie Alumnus Set to Make the World a More Vibrant Place
- Dalhousie Engineering Student Honoured as Role Model to Female Students
- Dalhousie Engineers Take an Oath of Honour in Iron Ring Ceremony
- Dalhousie Engineering's Autonomous Sailboat, the SeaLeon, Washes Ashore in Ireland