News» Go to news main
2018 Engineering Homecoming Events
Thursday, September 27
Dean’s Breakfast 9:30am – 11:00am
Dean’s Coffee Club
Topic: Evolving Engineering Education
Speakers: Dr. John Newhook, Dean of Engineering &
Dr. Clifton Johnston, Associate Professor & NSERC Chair in Design Engineering
Location: Emera IDEA Building, 1stFloor Classroom, Sexton Campus
Time: 9:30am – 11:00am
Sexton Campus has undergone a transformation with over $64 million invested in new and improved infrastructure. Meet the new Dean of Engineering, enjoy a cup of coffee and learn more about the IDEA project and its innovative spaces and new programming, which are evolving engineering education. Discussion will focus on how the faculty is enhancing the student experience, allowing them to better understand Engineering’s role in the innovation ecosystem and to explore their entrepreneurial ambitions based in engineering technology.
Sexton Campus Tour (following the presentation) 11:00am
Photo at Class of 1968 Framed Photo
Private Class of 1968 Dinner & 50th Pinning
Time: 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Location: Private room at Café Chianti Barrington Street (each individual/couple pays on own)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
Saturday, September 29
Class of 2008 Reunion Lunch
Time: 11:00am – 1:00pm
Location: T-Room, Sexton Campus
Stop by for a slice from Alexandra’s and catch up with old friends in celebration of your 10th reunion!
Please contact email@example.com by September 21 if you plan to attend.
Sexton Campus IDEA Project Campus Tour and Reception
Time: 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- 2018 Engineering Homecoming Events
- 10th Annual Dalhousie Engineering Alumni & Friends Golf Tournament
- Track the Progress of the SeaLeon in the 2018 Microtransat Challenge
- 28th Annual Faculty of Engineering Robot Competition
- Dr. Ted Hubbard Awarded Wighton Fellowship in Engineering Education
- Spring Convocation: Class of 2018
- Dr. Mae Seto Appointed to Irving Shipbuilding Research Chair in Marine Engineering and Autonomous Systems
- Dalhousie Coast to Coast Tour: Western Canada