News» Go to news main
Dartmouth's Mitchelmore honoured
Original mention in Chronicle Herald
Mitchelmore Engineering Co. (Meco) of Dartmouth has received the 2013 Corporate Award from the Canadian Dam Association.
The award recognizes companies that demonstrate commitment and leadership in the Canadian dam industry.
The association acknowledged Meco’s participation in the International Commission on Large Dams and its efforts to encourage the professional development of young engineers in national and international technical events.
The award was presented to company president Perry Mitchelmore at the association’s annual awards ceremony in Montreal on Oct. 8.
“As an Atlantic-based engineering firm operating in a sea of much larger national and international businesses, it is satisfying to be recognized by your peers, especially inasmuch as Meco is recognized for providing leadership and opportunities to our young engineers,” he said in a news release Wednesday.
Read the rest of the article here
- Dalhousie Engineering Students Host Atlantic Engineering Competition
- Dal Engineering Student Receives Academic All‑Canadian
- Dal Engineering students hold vigil of remembrance for victims of Montreal violence
- Alumni Profile: Jocelyn Manley
- Building the BUILD Program
- Engineering alumni seek ringing endorsement on Dragon’s Den
- Engineering Graduate Goes to New Heights
- The Faculty of Engineering Honours Dr. Corinne MacDonald