News» Go to news main
Dartmouth's Mitchelmore honoured
Original mention in Chronicle Herald
Mitchelmore Engineering Co. (Meco) of Dartmouth has received the 2013 Corporate Award from the Canadian Dam Association.
The award recognizes companies that demonstrate commitment and leadership in the Canadian dam industry.
The association acknowledged Meco’s participation in the International Commission on Large Dams and its efforts to encourage the professional development of young engineers in national and international technical events.
The award was presented to company president Perry Mitchelmore at the association’s annual awards ceremony in Montreal on Oct. 8.
“As an Atlantic-based engineering firm operating in a sea of much larger national and international businesses, it is satisfying to be recognized by your peers, especially inasmuch as Meco is recognized for providing leadership and opportunities to our young engineers,” he said in a news release Wednesday.
Read the rest of the article here
- Remembrance & Resilience Ceremony
- International Engineering Student Webinar
- "In search of a better tomorrow": Dal innovators celebrated at Discovery Awards
- The John Wilson Heavy Structures Lab advances student learning and innovation
- Dal researchers tested the water in a local lake for viruses. Here's what they found
- Dalhousie Engineering receives $3.7‑million to advance additive manufacturing technologies critical to Canada’s marine defence sector
- Dalhousie Engineering and Commerce Students Come Together for Blood Drive
- Dal's Emera IDEA and Richard Murray Design buildings achieve LEED Platinum status in first for the university