News» Go to news main
Welcome Back! Engineering students return to campus
Whether you’re on Sexton Campus for another school year, or coming to the Faculty of Engineering for the first time, welcome back!
Engineering Orientation Day is on September 5, 2013 and there is a wide range of activities planned to help kick off the start of the new academic year.
A welcome back speech will start the day, followed by an introduction to the Dalhousie Undergraduate Engineering Society (DUES) and the Diploma of Engineering Society (DES). There will be information booths set-up in the Alumni Lounge for most of the day. So, be sure to stop by and have your questions answered.
A barbeque will be held on Sexton Field, and Halifax Glow Parties will have lots of fun games and activities set-up on the field. Get ready to take part in a scavenger hunt and lots more! Be sure to review your schedules for specific times and locations.
And finally, to end the first week back to class, students can enjoy Fall Fest on Friday September 6 on Sexton Field. Recent Chemical Engineering Alum, Dj Jay McNeil will be playing from 5 – 6:30 pm, followed by the band “Take Part” from 6:30 – 8 pm.
Faculty and staff of Dalhousie Engineering look forward to welcoming new and returning students and wish everyone a successful academic year.
- International Women In Engineering Day
- Rising from the Ashes through Higher Education and Family
- Irving Oil Helps New Grad Find the Right Path
- Emera Sponsorship Helps Student Design Team Go Electric
- Engineering Grad Chases Opportunities
- Engineering Grad Takes Action
- Engineering Grad Inspires Next Generation of Women in STEM
- Alumnus Arad Gharagozli on Space and Nano‑Satellites