Energy Engineering & Conservation Certificate Program (100% Online)
The Certificate in Energy Engineering and Conservation is 100% online. It consists of three modules covering all the main phases of energy engineering and conservation from an engineering practical point of view. The basic concepts, the engineering, best practices and recommendations on how to conserve and save energy are all discussed. Participants will learn how to increase the competitiveness of engineering products or a total industry, and how to fight effectively with climate change.
What You Will Learn
- The basics of all energy related phases: production, delivering, distributing and consuming
- Pressures facing the world due to energy consumption
- Major energy conservation and saving tools
- Major energy systems tools
- Major economic tools applicable for energy conservation and savings
- Detailed energy engineering for lighting, compressed air system, water systems, natural gas systems, steam systems, HVAC systems, control systems and industrial insulation
- Energy conservation and energy savings for fossil fuelling and electricity production / consuming systems
- Energy conservation and energy savings in stationary facilities and transporting vehicles
- Process improvements for energy efficiency and savings
- Creation of energy model, project sequence arrangement and organization for achieving the optimal energy savings results
- Development of energy savings program for industrial facility
- Nuclear and alternative energy sources as a prospective energy conservation and savings tools
Who Should Enroll
This certificate is intended for those who would like to learn about energy conservation and energy saving in a condensed time frame and from a engineering practical point of view and/or for those who would just like to communicate with energy conservation and energy saving personnel. It is designed to provide participants with sufficient knowledge to move into the field of energy conservation and energy saving. Those in technical and supervisory positions in an environment where they can apply the knowledge learned would benefit from this certificate.
This online certificate consists of three modules. Online sessions are pre-recorded and available for you to listen to when it suits your schedule.
- Module I: General Fundamentals of Energy Savings (12 weeks)
- Module II: Energy Delivering Systems (10 weeks)
- Module III: Energy Conservation and Saving Engineering (8 weeks)
The fee for each module is $1195.00
Register and pay $3295 for the entire Certificate in advance and save $290!
Please contact Chris Abraham at 902-494-8042 or 1-800-565-8867 for more information.
It is highly recommended that participants take the three modules in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of the three modules, including all quizzes and final exams. This represents approximately 150 hours of training which includes listening to online sessions, home study, assignments and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
- Energy Management and Efficiency for the Process Industries, Edited by Alan P. Rossiter Beth P. Jones. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, New Jersey 2015.
- Energy Systems Engineering. Evaluation and Implementation, Francis M. Vanek, Louis D. Albright, The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. 2008.
- Guide to Energy Management, Barney Capehart, Wayne Turner, William Kennedy, Fourth Edition, The Fairmont Press, Inc. 2003.
- Plant Engineers and Managers Guide to Energy Conservation, Albert Thumann, Scott C. Dunning, Tenth Edition. Fairmont Press, Inc. 2010.
Note: The E-book versions of the above four books are available free of charge
Dr. George Nerubenko is a Doctor of Science (1988) and Ph. D. (1971), a Member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, and a licensed Professional Engineer of Ontario. He has over 50 years of engineering experience and has worked as a University Professor, Chair, Director of R&D Department, and as an Engineering Consultant. With approximately 100 implemented patents, he is also an author and co-author of 7 books. He has years of experience in working on successful energy conservation and energy savings projects. For instance, working for General Motors Powertrain Plant in 2000 – 2003, starting with annual energy sources bill of $ 51 million, he developed and implemented energy saving projects with annual savings at 10-11%.