News» Go to news main
International Vaccinium Symposium
Dalhousie University is hosting the 13th International Vaccinium Symposium August 24 to 29, 2024. This Symposium brings together all communities of vaccinium production from research, teaching and extension, to producers, industry representatives, and market specialists.
The theme for the Symposium is “Vaccinium species in a changing climate: Challenges, Opportunities, and Solutions.”
Delegates from over 40 countries are anticipated and the symposium will consist of optional pre-and post conference tours and workshops, a field excursion day and three days of technical sessions. The technical sessions will be in the fields of breeding, genomics, bioinformatics, production systems, plant physiology, soil fertility and plant nutrition, pest management, post-harvest technologies, health research, marketing and economics, precision agriculture, mechanization, and processing techniques.
Keynote presentations including the present and future status of the global blueberry industry; genomes and biotechnology; and the impact of changing climates on the production of vaccinium species.
Additional information on the symposium can be found at dal.ca/ivs.
If you have any questions, are interested in participating, or are interested in assisting with the planning activities, please contact David Percival (David.Percival@dal.ca).
- The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Carpool Program Development Survey
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness activites ‑ March
- Community Supported Agriculture
- Annual Excellence in Student Leadership Awards
- Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program
- Call for Expressions of Interest
- Travel to Halifax to celebrate Dalhousie's launch of African Heritage Month