We are recruiting an MSc student for a project on a novel oilseed and its press cake as alternative calcium, energy, and protein sources for laying hens at the Agricultural Campus of Dalhousie University in Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada.
The project will involve investigating hens' production performance, nutrient digestibility, egg quality and culinary assessments, eggshell mineral content, egg yolk fatty acids, and gut microbiota.
Ideal candidates will have a BSc in animal science, Biovet Science, Food Science, some experience in handling poultry and be independent and highly motivated.
The project will be funded by Mitacs Accelerate fellowship with the support of Natures Crop International.
Start date: September 2022
Stipend: $25,000/year for 2 years
To apply: send a CV, unofficial transcript, contact information of 2 references and a sample of scientific writing to email@example.com by June 30, 2022.
- Warmer ‑ Wetter ‑ Wilder
- Retirement Celebration ‑ Natalie Cole
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness activities (October)
- Making the Connection From the Netherlands to the Cliffs of Fundy Geopark
- Dalhousie University adding value to north Atlantic sea cucumber
- 2022 Canadian Society of Animal Science Young Scientist Award
- Cultiv8 Chef
- Hazardous Waste Collection Reminder