We are recruiting an MSc student for a project on a novel oilseed and its press cake as alternative calcium, energy, and protein sources for laying hens at the Agricultural Campus of Dalhousie University in Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada.
The project will involve investigating hens' production performance, nutrient digestibility, egg quality and culinary assessments, eggshell mineral content, egg yolk fatty acids, and gut microbiota.
Ideal candidates will have a BSc in animal science, Biovet Science, Food Science, some experience in handling poultry and be independent and highly motivated.
The project will be funded by Mitacs Accelerate fellowship with the support of Natures Crop International.
Start date: September 2022
Stipend: $25,000/year for 2 years
To apply: send a CV, unofficial transcript, contact information of 2 references and a sample of scientific writing to email@example.com by June 30, 2022.
- Dalhousie’s 3rd Annual Wellness Day
- Call for Submissions ‑Examining the Peri‑rural Arts Exhibit
- Manager, Alumni Engagement and Donor Relations
- Feeding North America through Agricultural Extension: A report from the North American Agricultural Advisory Network (USDA, 2022
- Emergency First Aid
- New Faces on Campus
- Leadership through merger
- Call for Submissions ‑ 7th annual Dalhousie Agricultural Campus Community Fine Arts & Crafts Exhibit