News» Go to news main
Job posting ‑ Ag Campus
TEACHING ASSISTANT POSTING
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Faculty of Agriculture
POSTING DATE: September 1, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 10, 2021– or until position filled
POSITION: TA – Fall 2021 – September to December 2021
MGTA 2004 – Financial Accounting I
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: Business and Social Sciences, Agricultural Campus
PAY RATE: 90 hours as per CUPE Collective Agreement - $2197.00 gross.
WORK ASSIGNMENT: Duties include, but are not limited to:
1) Preparation: Review Chapter material and posted problem sets
2) In-Class: Conduct 2 weekly tutorial (synchronously – time to be determined) sessions using Microsoft Teams. 3) Office duties: Meet with supervisor to review Chapter problem sets
3) Marking, Grading, and proctoring: REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION: Applicants with relevant education at the undergraduate or graduate degree (i.e., with a background in Accounting, Ag. Business, Agr. Economics or Int'l Food Business programs) and successful completion of a course in Financial Accounting at the degree level are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to graduate students in the Department. Applications must include a cover letter clarifying qualifications and relevant experience, and a curriculum vitae. Please include an official or unofficial copy of your transcript.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply through email by the application deadline to:
Steven Dukeshire, Dept Chair
All offers of employment are conditional upon sufficient student enrolment in the course and approval by the University.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity
- Gamification and Game‑Based Learning
- 2022 Volunteer Awards
- CiCan Webinar: Inside the mental health shadow pandemic
- Making his community a better place to live
- A Clever partnership means good news for Wild Blueberry Industry
- Upcoming Workplace Wellness Actvities
- New Face on Campus
- Marker Posting