News» Go to news main
Leadership Experience Access Program
The Dalhousie Sandboxes (“Dalboxes”) are recruiting for the Leadership Experience Access Program (LEAP)! LEAP is a full-year experiential learning opportunity for students looking to build their leadership skills. Students selected for the LEAP program will build and lead teams (of up to 5 people) to compete in the national Innovative Designs for Accessibility (IDeA) competition. As a student leader, you will be supported by the interdisciplinary team from the Dalboxes, through workshops, coaching, and mentorship. You will receive a $2000 bursary upon completion of the program.
- Dalbox LEAP will kick off on September 10-11, 2021, and will then run weekly from September 2021 - April 2022
- The program will be a mix of in-person and online meetings throughout the academic year
- In-person programming will be in Halifax; transportation will be provided to and from Halifax to students at the Truro campus
- At the completion of the program in April 2022, participants will get a $2000 bursary
- Applications are due August 8, 2021 at 11:59pm AST
- Apply individually — leaders will be involved in building teams during the program
Please visit https://www.surgeinnovation.ca/leap to learn more about LEAP, and to apply for the program!