News» Go to news main
Retirement Announcement ‑ Dr. Alan Fredeen
Dr. Alan Fredeen will be retiring from the Department of Animal Science and Aquaculture at the end of May.
Alan joined the Department of Animal Science, Nova Scotia Agricultural College, in 1985 and has been a strong contributor to the department and the Faculty of Agriculture since that time.
Alan’s research in dairy nutrition has been recognized through many Faculty and national awards, including the 1996 Award as Outstanding Young Agrologist, Agricultural Institute of Canada and the 2012 Distinguished Scientist Award from the Nova Scotia Institute of Agrologists.
Many students at both undergraduate and graduate level have benefitted from his innovative teaching with emphasis on sustainable dairy production.
Alan will be missed but we all wish him the best in his well-earned retirement.
The Department will be holding a virtual farewell event on Wednesday, May 19 from 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm on Microsoft Teams; you are welcome to attend.
Please contact Marilyn Roberts (Marilyn.firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Global Reach 2021: Solving Agricultural Problems Through Research and Innovation
- Graduate student Cindy Yu wins awards at the Tri Society Virtual Conference
- Congratulations to Lana Bos
- Local Grown Salads with international talent
- Paul Manning named Assistant Professor
- Mastering her gardening career
- Leadership Experience Access Program
- MOU establishes new partnership