News» Go to news main
Faculty of Agriculture Seminar Series
In this week's faculty seminar, Dr. Petra Kienesberger will talk about her research which explores the molecular mechanisms of immuno-metabolic disorders, particularly the role of lipid metabolism and signalling in obesity and diabetes-related disease. All are welcome.
Dr. Petra Kienesberger is an assistant professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Dalhousie Medicine New Brunswick. She is also an adjunct professor and honorary research associate at the University of New Brunswick Saint John. Dr. Kienesberger graduated from Karl-Franzens University Graz in Austria with a Master of Science degree from the university’s Institute of Molecular Biosciences. As part of her doctoral studies at the same university, she was a visiting scientist at Harvard Medical School’s Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Boston, MA. Her postdoctoral fellowship in cardiac pathophysiology and metabolism took her to the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada.
Date: Thursday April 9th
Time: 14:00 pm AST
Zoom Meeting ID: 874 2167 5058
- Passing of Jim Goit
- In the Media: Dr. Vasantha Rupasinghe
- Job Posting ‑ Devonian Coast Wineries
- Faculty of Agriculture Seminar Series
- CASE IH providing students with the latest in equipment technology
- Dal Innovates Ready2Launch
- Educational Technology and Design ‑ Getting Help/Support
- AC Bookstore Closed for Inventory Thursday, April 1.