We are recruiting an MSc student for a project on long-term effects of the early environment for mink kit performance, stress responsiveness and welfare at the Agricultural Campus of Dalhousie University in Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada.
The project will involve investigating different enrichment strategies and the role of maternal care.
Ideal candidates will have a BSc in animal science, zoology or related fields, some experience in behavioural observations and be independent and motivated.
The project is funded via a Mitacs Accelerate fellowship, with the support of the Canada Mink Breeders Association: https://www.mitacs.ca/en/programs/accelerate
Start date: Spring 2021
Stipend: $21,000/year for 2 years
To apply: send a CV, unofficial transcript, contact information for 2 references and a sample of scientific writing to Rebecca.email@example.com.
- The Next Generation of Soil Scientists
- Finding Your Career Path with Gillian Hatch
- Out of the Ashes – Cox Institute 2.0
- Atlantic Canada: a small but mighty place of its own
- A girl, her dog and finding her way back
- Research Assistant ‑ PFES
- The Best Detour
- New OACC Team Member to Assess Science Impact – Emmanuella Ellis