Position Title: Engineering Content Assistant
Employer: Department of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture
The Engineering Department Content Assistant will be responsible for assisting and creating video, audio and written content related to the programs and courses in the Department of Engineering. Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with lecturers, TAs and department administration on support materials for online learning on different projects simultaneously
- Audio/Video Creation/Editing
- Create written education support materials in collaboration with subject experts
- Review course material and provide constructive feedback
· Be either a graduate of our Engineering program or Integrated Environmental Management or graduate student (Master’s or Ph.D. level) with comfort in Engineering and Applied Sciences.
· Have attained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 during your program.
· Experience creating and editing video content
· Demonstrate strong written communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts and provide instructions.
· Demonstrate strong verbal communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts and provide instructions.
Rate of Pay:
$12.80-16.64/hr dependent on qualifications
Hours per Week:
Negotiable – typically less than 20 per week
Other: Work will be completed remotely and so the successful candidates will need to have access to an internet connection compatible with this environment.
Start Date: Fall Semester (Extension to Winter Term possible)
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
Along with a cover letter and resume, applications should include an unofficial transcript and contact information for three professional or academic.
Application Deadline: Oct 25, 2020
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE POSITION, PLEASE APPLY VIA EMAIL TO: Ms. Mandi Wilson at email@example.com
- Invitation to Agriculture Campus Student Accessibility Focus Group
- Nutrition and Feeding Course‑ Hands on Experience
- Langille Athletic Centre Memberships
- COIL Faculty Update and New Opportunity
- SuperNOVA is hiring
- Student Appreciation Award winner Joye Sears
- Barley Party 2021
- Drs. Gray receive Honorary Barley rings