Badminton – ACAA Championships and National Qualifier
Hosted by University of King’s College
On Day 1 (Conference Championships) Dal AC found themselves in a battle for third place all the way until the last match. The team battled hard but came up just short (by two points, their smallest margin of the year) finishing in 4th place.
After a teambuilding Boba Tea adventure back at the hotel Coach Bennicke worked his motivational magic and rallied the team to bring their A game in the national qualifier event. National Qualifier Highlights are below:
- Dal AC’s Women’s Doubles team of Cindy Yu and Sarah Pepperdine came through with huge wins versus Mount A and Universite Sainte Anne giving them an opportunity to face UKC in a final to see who represents the ACAA at Nationals in Women’s Doubles. The girls played their best match of the season but lost to the more experienced UKC team.
-The men’s doubles team of Kyle Bauld and Daylon Tan came through and defeated both Mount A and Universite Sainte Anne to set up a winner take all final with UKC (one member of UKC won the National silver medal last season). After a valiant effort by Dal AC, UKC did get the national berth. Regardless it was a fantastic indication of what this team is capable of moving forward and certainly something to build on this offseason.
- In Men’s Singles Adrian Bent was given his first opportunity of the year to play in the men’s division and did not disappoint! He ended up placing 3rd but was involved in the match of the tournament versus Azeem Munawar from Mount A losing 21-16 in the 3rd and deciding game. This was a huge step for Adrian proving that he can play with the top players in the conference under pressure, and should prove to be excellent motivation looking ahead to next season.
Equestrian - Owl’s Ridge Farm (Dal Halifax Event)
At Owl’s Ridge Farm this past weekend each athlete present placed in top three earning Dal AC another overall champion showing! The team’s individual results are below:
Izzy - 1st Intermediate Under Saddle
Chloe - Novice 3rd OF 2nd US! Reserve champ rider of day!
Bridget - Entry 2nd OF 6th US.
Cailin - Entry 6th OF and 1st US!!
Dal AC’s walk trot canter riders pinned 1 2 3 amazing! In the biggest class of the day!
Laura - 1st
Julianna - 2nd
Taygan - 3rd
Women’s Volleyball – Dal AC vs Mount A
The Dal AC Women’s Volleyball team bounced back from tough weekend with a huge win against the 3rd seeded Mount Allison Mounties 25-21, 25-17, 20-25, 16-25, 15-11. This was a full team effort highlighted by Mariah Putnam’s 30 assists and Marit Zwinselman’s 19 kills and 22 digs.
The RAMS will now face the UKC Blue Devils in Halifax on February 22 at 530pm and will finish up the regular season at home on Sunday February 23 at 1pm vs MSVU.
DAL AC Athletes of the Week
Cindy Yu (Badminton)
Cindy Yu played her best tournament of the season and helped lead the RAMS women’s doubles team (partner Sarah Pepperdine) to a second place finish in the National Qualifying event.
Adrian Bent (Badminton)
Adrian took the next step in his development and proved he could play with some of the conferences best talent in the A division placing 3rd at the ACAA National Qualifier event.
- AC Writing Centre Remote Tutoring
- Alumni Office on the Road
- 10 Years and counting. Faculty of Agriculture celebrates anniversary of Barley ring
- Working at home when the kids are home, too
- Agricultural Campus ‑ Support for Teaching Remotely
- Raising healthy, happy animals
- Campus Mail Service Operational Changes