News» Go to news main
Cannabis Subject Matter Expert
Dalhousie Extended Learning is developing an online course in Cannabis Production and Management.
This non-credit course is designed for plant science and botany graduates (certificate, degree and diploma) and others with horticultural training or experience.
It will provide cannabis-specific training targeted to mid- to upper-level production jobs in commercial growing facilities. Students will cover critical aspects of the cannabis industry, cannabis products, regulations and GPP, crop production practices, crop protection, harvest and post-harvest procedures and waste management. Specific applications to cannabis facilities and workplaces will be a major focus of the course.
It is an eight module course and will run over 10-12 weeks. Development will be completed by October 2019.
Extended Learning is seeking a Subject Matter Expert to work closely with the Cannabis Course Development Team to:
· Provide current, credible and relevant technical information on module topics in commercial indoor growing environments. This includes information presented in workplace-relevant formats (e.g. example SOPs, process flows, troubleshooting charts etc.).
· Provide suggestions and content for activities and assessments to be adapted for the online environment.
· Review course materials with the Development Team and incorporate suggested edits.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines.
· 3-5 years of experience in cannabis production
· Knowledge of indoor cannabis production and processing, indoor facilities and equipment, and regulatory requirements
· Relevant degree or diploma in Plant Science or Horticulture considered an asset
The position is for approximately 10 hours/week from July to September. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience ($23 to $29 per hour).
Please submit an expression of interest and resume to Shelly Juurlink at: email@example.com