News» Go to news main
The Amazing AgZone Race 2019
The Dalhousie University Faculty of Agriculture will be welcoming more than 500 Colchester and Pictou County grade 7 students to campus from June 3-5th for the annual Amazing AgZone Race.
AgZone is an annual event that has been co-hosted by the Faculty of Agriculture and the Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture for the past 11 years. The goal of AgZone is to promote the science of agriculture and highlight its educational pathways.
The theme is based on the Amazing Race and students will visit seven interactive stations over the course of each day hosted by Aquaculture, the Ruminant Animal Centre, Plant, Food & Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Business & Social Sciences, Cultiv8 and the Department of Agriculture.
This year, AgZone guides will consist of 4-H summer assistants and volunteers from the Department of Agriculture. If you would like to volunteer as a team guide for this year’s event, please contact Colette Wyllie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extended Hours ‑ Educational Technology and Design (ETD)
- The First Fifteen Minutes
- Friday Brightspace Tips: Using Panopto for Student Video Assignments
- Connecting the Faculty of Agriculture to industry – shout out to Iona Green
- Atlantic Canada Study and Stay Mentorship
- why agriculture? ‑ Dr. Stephanie Collins
- Highlights from the Healthy Dal Blog:
- Dal‑AC student wins award at Atlantic Canada Cancer Research Conference