The month of October is once again “Walktober,” with the goal of increasing physical activity among employees at Dalhousie. While a daily goal of 10,000 steps is agreed to provide health benefits, the overall goal of Walktober is lots of participation and just moving more.
Again this year, there are two ways to get involved: 1) join a team and track your steps and/or 2) find the answer to a weekly mystery question about the campus you work on.
Create or Join a team:
Visit www.walkaboutns.ca, create a personal profile, then create a new team under the “Groups” tab, using “Dalhousie” at the beginning of your team name and “2018” at the end of the team name so we can find you and award prizes to your team members in our weekly draws. Join a team by creating a personal profile and joining an existing team. Get movin’ and track your steps and progress.
Play the weekly campus quiz:
Read Today@Dal each Tuesday in October to find the mystery location and question on your campus – Agricultural, Carleton, Sexton, Studley. You will need to go to the location specified and discover the answer to a question. Email the answer to Healthy@dal.ca to be entered into a draw for prizes.
- Atlantic Agricultural Hall of Fame ‑ PEI Inductee
- Atlantic Agricultural Hall of Fame ‑ NS Inductee
- Pollinating the Seed Movement: Community Seed Organizers' Symposium
- Teaching Opportunities at Extended Learning
- NRC‑DAL Research Symposium
- Rams Weekend Recap
- Atlantic Agricultural Hall of Fame ‑ NB Inductee
- Atlantic Agricultural Hall of Fame ‑ Nfld Inductee