Last week the Faculty of Agriculture celebrated the success of student award recipients and honoured the donors that make possible these scholarships and bursaries.
The Faculty of Agriculture awards over 200 donor-sponsored undergraduate and graduate scholarships and bursaries each year, recognizing academic achievement, leadership, athletics, community involvement, and involvement in agriculture. This year’s group of student award recipients again demonstrated a commitment to high achievement both in and out of the classroom.
Five scholarships or bursaries were awarded for the first time this fall: PY Hamilton Scholarships, Estabrooks Family Scholarship, Valacta Dairy Scholarship, Jack Johnson Agricultural Athletics Award, Andrew Wilson Scholarship.
Guest Speaker Holly Fisher provided personal insight as a scholarship recipient, and the important role that donors play in recognizing student achievement and supporting student success.
- Atlantic Agricultural Hall of Fame ‑ PEI Inductee
- Inaugural Whale School Public Lecture Series
- Walktober 2018 Trivia questions
- Cultiv8 Inspirational Tours
- Atlantic Agricultural Hall of Fame ‑ NS Inductee
- Pollinating the Seed Movement: Community Seed Organizers' Symposium
- Teaching Opportunities at Extended Learning
- NRC‑DAL Research Symposium