Dr. Dian Patterson
Associate Dean, Academic and Professor, Quantitative Genetics
- Farm Animal Biodiversity
- B.Sc. Zoology (Alberta)
- M.Sc. Animal Breeding and Quantitative Genetics (Guelph)
- Ph.D. Animal Breeding and Quantitative Genetics (Guelph)
- Canadian Society of Animal Science
- Agricultural Institute of Canada
- Nova Scotia Institute of Agrologists
- Heritage Livestock Canada
- RESM4012: Animal Research Methods
- RESM4014: Honours Thesis I
- RESM4015: Honours Thesis II
- ANSC3006: Companion Animal Biology
- Rose, M.C., D.M. Anderson, D.L. Patterson and P.J. Gavin. 2006. Comparison among three methods to determine composition of pork loins from pigs fed different levels of wheat middlings. Can.J.Anim.Sci. 86:596.
- Silversides, F.G., D.L. Patterson, R.D. Crawford, and S.K.Ho. 2003. Canada’s Country Report on Farm Animal Genetic Resources to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Ottawa.
- Farid, A., D.C.Crober, H.van der Steen, D.L. Patterson and M.P. Sabour. 2003. Reproductive performance of mice selected for reproductive longevity. 7th World Congress on Genetics Applied to Livestock Production. Communication No. 08-13.
- Patterson, D. and D.Heintz.. (Editors). 2003. Community Based Conservation Management in China and Vietnam. Compilation of Resource Materials. CIDA UPCD Project 01843-S53305.
- Patterson, D.L., and F.G. Silversides. 2003. Farm Animal Genetic Resource Conservation: Why and How? Canadian Farm Animal Genetic Resources Foundation, ON (web version www.cfagrf.com)
I regret that I am not able to take on graduate students.