Professor, Ruminant Nutrition
Phone: (902) 893.6649
Faculty of Agriculture
PO Box 550
Truro, NS, B2N 5E3
- Environmental impacts of dairy production
- System effects on the healthfulness of milk
- Challenges confronting pasture- based milk production
- In vitro evaluation of factors affecting digestion in the rumen
- B.Sc.(Univ. of Saskatchewan) Agriculture
- M.Sc.(Univ. of Guelph- Ruminant Nutrition
- Ph.D (Univ. of California) Physiological Chemistry
- Ecological ruminant production, dairy systems design and analysis
- Nutritional impact on milk quality
- Pasture-based ruminant production in agriculture to mitigate greenhouse gas emission in agriculture and improve sustainability
- AGRI5620 - Gross-listed graduate course in ruminant disgestion and metabolism (also available at graduate-level students)
- AGRI1001 - Food Security (web course)
- ANSC4000 - Topics in dairy production (degree)
- ANSC2000 - (Ruminant) Animal Agriculture (dairy)
- ANSC0202 - Topics in dairy production (Technical)
- Dohoo, I Descoteaux, L., P. Dowling, Fredeen, A.H., Leslie, K., Preston, A., Shewfelt, W. 2000 (submitted) A meta analysis review of the effects of rBST on Animal health and welfare (J. Dairy Sci.).
- Boyd, N.S., Astatkie, T., Fredeen, A.H. and Martin, R.C. Rotationally stocked beef cattle responses to daily and weekly residence. J. Range Mgt.54:39-43.
- Fredeen, A.H., Jannasch, R Astatkie, T., Martin, R. 2001(submitted). The productivity of grazing Holstein cows in Atlantic Canada . J. Dairy Sci.
- Papadopoulos, Y, Fredeen, A.H. 2001 (accepted) Quality of Orchardgrass pasture . Can. J. Anim. Sci.
- Small, J.A., Charmley, E., Rodd, A.V. and Fredeen, A.H. 1997. Serum mineral concentrations in relation to estrus and conception in beef heifers and cows fed conserved forage. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 77: xxx-xxx.
- Cant, J., Fredeen, A. H., MacIntyre, T., Gunn, J. and Crowe, N. 1997. Effects of fish oil and Monensin on milk composition. Can. J. Anim. Sci.
- Fredeen, A. H. 1996. Considerations in the nutritional modification of milk composition. J. Feed Sci. and Tech. 59:185-197.
- Robinson, P., Fredeen, A.H., Chalupa, W., Julien, W.E., Sato, H. and Suzuki, H. 1995. Rumen protected lysine and methionine for lactating dairy cows fed a diet designed to meet microbial and post-ruminal protein requirements. J. Dairy Sci. 78:582-594