A Cannabis Permit is required for any Principal Investigator (PI) who wishes to conduct research with cannabis materials at Dalhousie University, including:

  • Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
  • Cannabidiol (CBD).
  • Whole cannabis plants.
  • Fresh plant material for processing or analysis.
  • Dried plant material.
  • Oils/extracts/concentrates.
  • Cannabis seeds.
  • Edibles.
  • Other extracted or synthetic cannabinoids.

It is the responsibility of the PI to apply for a permit, maintain the permit and fulfill all conditions associated with the permit. Permits are issued through the EHS Office. ​​

For more information regarding the cannabis program, please log in to our myDal site.