Biohazardous Material

Research using biohazardous materials or techniques

If the proposed research involves any material or procedure that might pose a risk of infection, the proposal should be submitted to the chair of the Faculty of Medicine Biohazards Safety Committee for approval. This committee has university-wide responsibility for reviewing such proposals. Research accounts cannot be opened until such approvals are verified. Further information can be obtained through Medical Research Services.

If the proposed research involves the use of nuclear substances or radioactive materials, contact the Office of Environmental Health and Safety at