Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
IDRC and UK DHSC ‑ Innovative Veterinary Solutions for Antimicrobial Resistance (InnoVet‑AMR)
Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the UK Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) are pleased to announce a new funding opportunity aimed at reducing the emerging risk that antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in animals poses to global health and food security. The Innovative Veterinary Solutions for Antimicrobial Resistance (InnoVet-AMR) is a four-year, CAD26.3 million partnership between IDRC and the UK Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
Through InnoVet-AMR, IDRC and DHSC aim to achieve two main objectives:
- Support research that will identify and develop prophylactic and therapeutic innovative veterinary solutions, including vaccines, to improve health, while reducing the use of antimicrobials in ruminants and aquaculture operations in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
- Build effective gender-balanced partnerships to better contribute to the discovery and development of innovative veterinary solutions to reduce the use of antimicrobials in ruminants and aquaculture operations in LMICs.
Internal Deadline: October 16, 2023 at 4:30pm. Contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funder Deadline: October 30, 2023. Contact email is email@example.com
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada
- Canadian Guidelines for Post‑Covid‑19 Condition
- CIHR Access Newsletter
- Research Ethics
- Open Call for ACENET Embedded Technical Support
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- EU and Canada
- Internal process changes for Applications to NIH and other US Federal Agencies