Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Office of Research Services
Recently, we have undergone a review of our forms and process related to the Supplemental Sabbatical Leave Research Funding Program. As part of this process, we have updated the application form [PDF], which has been simplified to support an easier to navigate process.
Below are the highlights of the changes:
1. Timelines: The deadline to submit has been moved to May 15.
2. Romeo approvals and submission
- All applications must be submitted through the ROMEO Portal by the deadline to ensure Faculty approval of the application before it is processed by ORS.
- In addition to the new sabbatical form, applicants are advised to upload their original sabbatical application to the Dean and the Dean’s letter of approval through the ROMEO file. This will facilitate Department/Faculty review and approval of the award application.
3. Form updates: The updated form is streamlined and easier to navigate:
- Clear guidelines for submission and administration of funds.
- High level budget request (detailed descriptions and quotes no longer required).
- Removal of the description of the research project; Faculty approval of the ROMEO Portal submission confirms that the research project has already been approved by the Faculty.
For any questions or concerns, please reach out to David Spurrell, Manager, Grants & Contracts (email@example.com).
- EDI in NSERC Discovery Grants
- CIHR Access Newsletter
- Pfizer Research Grant RFP Quantifying the Socio‑Economic Burden of Disease for Dermatology Patients and Caregivers
- Russell Sage Foundation (RSF): upcoming calls and webinar
- US DoD: Combat readiness medical research program
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada
- NFRF International 2023
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals