Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Message from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
We are very excited to launch our new “Health Research Explained” project as part of our new science communication activities. With this project, we are aiming to demonstrate the role and value of health research in fun and accessible ways.
The project includes:
- A fresh overview of CIHR and how our funding works;
- New web content to describe health research (and each pillar!) in plain language;
- More than 20 new research stories to showcase wonderful work happening across the country; and
- Infographics to highlight the importance of health research.
We plan to add new materials to this collection over time, so stay tuned for news about videos and additional content soon.
In the meantime, we encourage you to share these materials with your networks—including friends, family, and even professional and student associations—and we also hope that you will be able to use them in other ways. For example, if you are giving a talk about health research to a lay audience or giving a lecture to early undergrads, you are welcome to incorporate the infographics into your presentation or simply point people to this updated section of our website for more information.
And since styles from the 1980s and ’90s are cool again, why not go ‘old school’ and print out an infographic for your office or lab door? It will be educational and hip!
We do plan to share these materials through an extended social media campaign for the next few weeks, as well. You can find us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook – so please feel free to share the posts when you see them, too.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
The CIHR Communications team
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada
- Atlantic Climate Research Collaboration
- NSERC CREATE
- NFRF International Joint Initiative for Research on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- Canada‑ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED), 2023‑24
- New Frontiers in Research Fund: 2022 Horizon Global Platform Grant
- NSERC Alliance International
- Love Data Week 2023 with Dalhousie Libraries