Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Governor General’s Innovation Awards
This is a reminder that the Federation is still accepting recommendations for the Governor General’s Innovation Awards. To recommend an individual candidate or team, please complete the application form by September 30, 2022.
Some tips for completing this form:
You will need to complete a short summary of the nature, significance and impact of the innovation or innovative activities.
You will also need to write responses to the following criteria:
- Inspiration. How does the process leading to this innovation, its implementation and its developer(s) inspire future innovators in Canada?
- Leadership. How did the innovator(s) demonstrate leadership in their work? Discuss evidence of initiative, collaboration, risk-taking and problem-solving in the process of developing and implementing the innovation.
- Impact. Is the innovation in question having a positive effect in the world? Describe the successful implementation of the innovation in the sector, economy, society or culture, and the role of the nominee(s) in that implementation. Please include evidence and indicators of impact, and if possible, please quantify the impact.
For these awards, innovation is understood as addressing a pressing problem with a solution that is based on new thinking, and putting that solution into action. The awards are not intended for lifetime achievement or innovations that have not yet demonstrated impact.
For any questions, please contacting Lisa Semchuk, Acting Policy Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Secrétariat du Québec
- IDRC and UK DHSC ‑ Innovative Veterinary Solutions for Antimicrobial Resistance (InnoVet‑AMR)
- Mitacs Globalink Research Awards (GRA) Thematic Call
- Pfizer Global Medical Grants RFP: HRRm Testing in Metastic Prostate Cancer
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grants
- SSHRC Knowledge Synthesis Grants
- SSHRC Connection Grants
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada