Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
New Frontiers in Research Fund: 2022 Horizon Global Platform Grant
October 26, 2022 - updated with revised deadlines
The objective of the NFRF International stream is to support international research collaboration and position Canada and Canadian researchers as strategic partners at the international level.
- Open to Canadian researchers named on an application to an eligible Horizon Europe call. If more than one eligible Canadian researcher is named on the same Horizon Europe-funded project, each may apply to this funding opportunity.
- All applicants must submit their registration forms within one week of the Horizon Europe deadline for their call. The last date to register is January 7, 2023.
NFRF will provide up to $250,000 (including indirect costs) per year for two years. The Canadian applicant must be named on an eligible Horizon Europe application and their primary affiliation (Dal) must be a signing partner on the Consortium Agreement for the Horizon Europe project. Projects must be funded under Pillar II (Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness) of Horizon Europe with a deadline before December 31, 2022, in order to be eligible for the 2022 Horizon Global Platform competition.
If interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
Five business days prior to the funder deadline. For additional resources, click here for guidance on internal deadlines and submission processes.
Registration: Within one week of the Horizon Europe deadline for the call.
Application: Within two weeks of the notification of award by Horizon Europe.
Contact email is NFRF-FNFR@chairs-chaires.gc.ca.
- Research Ethics
- Canada Foundation for Innovation
- Grant‑Paid Employees – Information Session for Researchers
- Russell Sage Foundation
- The 100k Strong North America Grant Competition to Expand Climate‑Action, Inclusive Education Exchanges
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Grand Challenges
- Lung Ambition Awards