Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
CIHR Funding Opportunities
The Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR) is reaching out to share two new funding opportunities: Policy Research for Health System Transformation Grants and a pre-annoucement for Transforming Health with Integrated Care Implementation Science Team Grants.
Both funding opportunities stem from the IHSPR strategic plan, are supported with partnerships from provincial and federal health funding agencies, and aim to advance the Quadruple Aim – improved population health outcomes, better patient and provider experience, and increased value – and health equity (sometimes referred to as the Quintuple aim).
Policy Research for Health System Transformation
Aim: To support one-year grants that generate evidence to inform macro-level policies and support high-performing health care and public health systems in Canada.
Research focus: Retrospective policy evaluations and prospective policy development/implementation projects are eligible. All projects must use knowledge mobilization approaches throughout (i.e., integrated knowledge translation involving a policymaker partner based in Canada and a knowledge user with lived experience); mobilize expertise from multiple disciplines (i.e., health, law, economics, etc.) and perspectives (policymaker, public) to analyze and contextualize the various dimensions of the policy issue and options for consideration.
- 24 policy research grants are available.
- Each grant = $150,000 per year for 1 year.
- Supplemental funding of $75,000 will support the highest overall ranked fundable application to lead the Knowledge Mobilization Synthesis Project aimed to synthesize the policy research approaches, issues, and resulting evidence and policy options.
- For more information, please refer to the full funding opportunity on ResearchNet.
CIHR will be hosting the following webinar to support participants with the requirements of the funding opportunity “Policy Research for Health System Transformation” and to answer questions on how to apply.
When: Friday, June 17, 2022 at 3:00 PM AST | Join
Duration: 60 minutes
Language: English presentation followed by a period of questions and answers in both official languages, English and French
If unable to attend, please send an email to email@example.com to get a copy of the presentation.
Funder: October 4, 2022 at 9pm AST.
Transforming Health with Integrated Care Implementation Science Teams (pre-announcement)
Aim: To improve our understanding of how to implement, evaluate, adapt, and/or spread/scale evidence-informed integrated care policies and interventions that encompass intersectoral collaborations within and/or beyond the formal health care delivery system.
- 12 Implementation Science Teams grants are available.
- Each grant = $400,000 per year for up to 5 years.
- The anticipated launch is June/July 2022 and an information webinar is scheduled for July 13, 2022 (Join live on Microsoft Teams from 3:00 – 4:30 pm AST) .
- For more information, please refer to the pre-announcement.
- Full Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Notice of Decisions: November 23, 2023
- Funding Start Date: April 1, 2023
- These timelines are estimates and subject to change.
- Shastri Indo‑Canadian Institute
- Meta: 2022 People’s Expectations and Experiences with Digital Privacy
- ROMEO Investigator Checklist
- United States Department of Defense research funding
- NSERC Research Tools and Instruments grants program
- NSERC Discovery Grant
- Research Nova Scotia Newsletter
- New Frontiers in Research Fund: 2022 Horizon Global Platform Grant