Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Dataverse in Canada
Interested in learning more about the Dataverse repository and growing community of users in Canada? Starting the first week of November 2021, the Digital Research Alliance of Canada is pleased to present "Dataverse in Canada: Leveraging an open data repository for research data stewardship", a series of webinars designed to help Canadian researchers and institutions understand what features Dataverse can offer for managing and sharing research data throughout the lifecycle.
This series focuses on introducing the Dataverse repository and institutional services available for use in Canada today. It will showcase a diverse set of presentations related to current use cases and models, including an open discussion panel, and best practice guidance related to data curation for ensuring and enhancing the FAIRness of your data.
- Wednesday, November 3, 12 pm Eastern/9 am Pacific, Introduction to Dataverse and the features you didn’t know you needed! Presented by Jane Fry (Carleton University) and Chantal Ripp (University of Ottawa). Hosted by Meghan Goodchild (Queen's University/Scholars Portal). 60 minutes. Click to Register.
- Wednesday, November 17, 12 pm Eastern/9 am Pacific, Dataverse Community Panel: Use cases from across Canada. Presented by members of the Portage Dataverse North Expert Group & Dataverse Community of Practice in Canada. 90 minutes. Click to Register.
- Wednesday, December 1, 12 pm Eastern/9 am Pacific, Data Curation and Metadata Best Practices for Dataverse: New guides to help curators, data managers, and stewards. (Curation de données et meilleures pratiques de métadonnées pour Dataverse : nouveaux guides pour aider la curation, la gestion et l’intendance). Presented by Teresa Bascik (Université de Montréal), Mark Goodwin (UBC), Ève Paquette-Bigras (Université de Montréal), Michael Steeleworthy (Wilfrid Laurier). 60 minutes. Click to Register.
Related community events of interest:
- Thursday, November 4, “Where to deposit your data - Dataverse? FRDR? Other?” Presented by the Council of Atlantic University Libraries. Click here for more information
- Wednesday, November 10, “Où déposer vos données – Dataverse? DFDR? Autre?”. Offert par le Conseil des bibliothèques universitaires de l’Atlantique. Cliquez ici pour plus d'informations
Registration for these sessions is free. The webinars on November 3 and 17 will be presented in English; there are plans to present in both English and French on December 1. Questions may be asked in English or in French, with support provided in both languages.
- Compute Canada Federation
- Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- US Mission to Canada funding opportunities
- SSHRC Connection Grants
- CAAIF Early Career Research Award in Asthma
- Panmure House Prize
- Association of Canadian Early Career Health Researchers
- Molly Towell Perinatal Research Foundation