Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Consultation Paper on a Ministerial Order
Following Royal Assent of Bill C-69 on June 21, 2019, the Government of Canada is implementing new rules that protect the environment, recognize and respect Indigenous rights, and strengthen our economy, through the Impact Assessment Act (IAA).
The Canadian Environmental Agency in seeking public comments on a Ministerial order that sets out the classes of projects on federal lands and outside Canada that will cause only insignificant adverse environmental effects. An authority seeking to carry out a project that is part of one of these classes would not be subject to the IAA provisions for projects on federal lands and outside Canada.
Comments should be submitted at this link by August 21, 2019. The feedback gathered will help inform the development of the final Ministerial Order.
Please share this message with any researchers or others within your institution who may be interested in the new Act and this public consultation on the exclusion list.
- Canadian Orthopaedic Foundation
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Network on Sustainable Agriculture in a Net‑Zero Economy
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Section 889 of FAR Case 2019 009
- EDI in NSERC Discovery Grants
- CIHR Access Newsletter
- Pfizer Research Grant RFP Quantifying the Socio‑Economic Burden of Disease for Dermatology Patients and Caregivers
- Russell Sage Foundation (RSF): upcoming calls and webinar