Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Health and Rights for Women, Adolescent Girls and Children
Global Affairs Canada (GAC) has issued a call for proposals for a new initiative, “Health and Rights for Women, Adolescent Girls and Children”. This initiative will be funded to a total of $325M over 5 years.
This call for proposals will support projects that improve the quality of, access to, and demand for integrated health services and information for women, adolescents and children at the community, health facility and health system levels. At least 50% of the funding will be allocated to projects that address sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), particularly for women and adolescent girls.
Proposed projects must contribute to the ultimate outcome of increased enjoyment of health-related human rights by the most marginalized and vulnerable rights-holders, particularly women, adolescent girls and children, in official development assistance-eligible countries. Approximately 75% of the funding from this call will be allocated to projects that include activities taking place in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Applicants are expected to present project proposals which:
- have a duration of least 5 years and not more than 7 years;
- present budgets ranging from $5 million to $50 million
- take place in ODA-eligible countries.
Note that applicant organizations cannot submit more than one proposal to this call. Any Dalhousie faculty member interested in this opportunity is therefore requested to contact the International Research & Development unit as soon as possible, and not later than Monday August 12 2019, to register interest and obtain more information.
Internal Deadline: August 19, 2019 at 4:30pm
Agency Deadline: October 10, 2019 at 1pm AST
- Secrétariat du Québec
- IDRC and UK DHSC ‑ Innovative Veterinary Solutions for Antimicrobial Resistance (InnoVet‑AMR)
- Mitacs Globalink Research Awards (GRA) Thematic Call
- Pfizer Global Medical Grants RFP: HRRm Testing in Metastic Prostate Cancer
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grants
- SSHRC Knowledge Synthesis Grants
- SSHRC Connection Grants
- Digital Research Alliance of Canada