Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Canada‑UK Artificial Intelligence Initiative
SSHRC is pleased to announce the launch of a new interdisciplinary and international funding opportunity between the three Canadian federal research funding agencies (CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC) and four research councils from the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
The Canadian agencies and UKRI are jointly supporting collaborations in Artificial Intelligence (AI) between stakeholders in Canada and the UK. The aim is to build competitive and resilient economies and maximize the social and health benefits. Proposals will be required to demonstrate a significant degree of interdisciplinarity, with research that cuts across at least two of the following research domains:
- social sciences and humanities;
- health and biomedical sciences; and
- natural sciences and engineering.
Canadian applicants can request up to $173,333 per year for three years for a total of $520,000 per project.
All relevant documents for this funding opportunity are available on ESRC’s website. Researchers are also invited to consult SSHRC’s website for guidance and additional information regarding Tri-agency eligibility criteria and terms and conditions for participation.
Intention to Submit: August 19, 2019 at 7:00 pm AST
Internal Application: September 5, 2019 at 4:30 pm AST. Please contact the Manager of Institutional Programs (email@example.com)
Full Application: September 12, 2019 at 12:00 pm AST
- Call for Concept Notes ‑ Strengthening Civil Society and Democratic Spaces in the Indo‑Pacific
- DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service – Faculty Information Session
- University Committee on Laboratory Animals
- Secrétariat du Québec
- IDRC and UK DHSC ‑ Innovative Veterinary Solutions for Antimicrobial Resistance (InnoVet‑AMR)
- Mitacs Globalink Research Awards (GRA) Thematic Call
- Pfizer Global Medical Grants RFP: HRRm Testing in Metastic Prostate Cancer
- SSHRC Partnership Development Grants