Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
NSHRF Development / Innovative Grant 2019
Updated March 8: Reminder that applications must be completed in the NSHRF's Grants Management System (GMS) by noon on March 26, so that ORS can approve them. Final agency deadline is March 26 at 2pm.
The Development/Innovative (D/I) Grant provides funding for developing or innovative health research initiatives in Nova Scotia, in order to strengthen a submission to a targeted peer reviewed research funding competition.
NSHRF considers developing research and innovative research to include:
- Research in its early stages;
- Research that focuses on new or innovative issues; and or
- Novel approaches for solving research problems
The required outcome of this grant is the submission of an application to a targeted funding competition within 12 months of the end of the D/I Grant funding period.
Award Amount: A maximum of $15,000 per grant will be issued for a funding period of one year.
To apply for a Development/Innovative Grant, the Principal Investigator must:
- Be a researcher with an academic appointment at a Nova Scotia university or affiliated research institution, or with an appointment (with research responsibilities) at an affiliated hospital/ research centre/ institute; and
- Reside and work in Nova Scotia during the funding period of the grant.
For more details, please visit the competition website.
Internal Deadline: March 12, 2019 at 4:30 pm AST
Agency Deadline: March 26, 2019 at 2 pm AST
- 2019 Early Career Investigator Award in Cystic Fibrosis Research
- Government of Canada: Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Funding Program
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada's 2019 Fall Research Competition
- Open Research Area 6th Call for Proposals
- CIHR Team Grant: Indigenous Component of Healthy Life Trajectories
- CIHR: Network Catalyst Grants
- U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Grants Program
- Research call ‑ Fathom Fund