Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
New Frontiers in Research Fund ‑ Exploration
The New Frontiers in Research Fund - Exploration inaugural competition will generate opportunities for early career researchers to conduct high-risk, high reward and interdisciplinary research not available through funding currently offered by the three agencies (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC). It seeks to inspire highly innovative projects that defy current research paradigms, propose a unique scientific direction, bring disciplines together beyond the traditional disciplinary approaches, and/or use different perspectives to solve existing problems.
Early career researchers are defined as individuals who have five years or less experience since their first academic appointment. Researchers interested in applying must submit a Notice of Intent via the Convergence Portal by January 11, 2019.
Questions should be directed to Shelley Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org), Office of Research Services.
Notice of Intent internal deadline: January 4, 2019
Notice of Intent external deadline: January 11, 2019 (9 pm AST)
- Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute: New Investigator Awards
- SSHRC Insight Grants Armchair Discussion (Post Event)
- Canada‑UK Artificial Intelligence Initiative
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada's 2019 Fall Research Competition
- 2019 Early Career Investigator Award in Cystic Fibrosis Research
- Open Research Area 6th Call for Proposals
- CIHR: Network Catalyst Grants
- Government of Canada: Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Funding Program