Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Bloorview Research Institute: Pursuit Award
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital’s research institute (the Bloorview Research Institute) is now accepting submissions for the prestigious 2019 Pursuit Award competition that recognizes outstanding achievements in childhood disability research by PhD students across the globe.
Eligibility: Current PhD students (no more than six months away from defence) and postdoctoral trainees/recent graduates (within one year of receiving their PhD) who have made significant contributions in applied or clinical childhood disability research. Any applied or clinical research specifically linked to childhood disability is eligible for consideration.
Criteria: Finalists are chosen based on significance of research results, methodological rigour, empirical content, and impact on childhood disability care.
Award: Up to three monetary prizes are awarded and finalists may be eligible for a prestigious post-doctoral fellowship at the Bloorview Research Institute. All finalists are invited to present their research during the annual Pursuit Award ceremony on May 14, 2019 at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (Holland Bloorview) and compete for the first place prize. Travel and accommodation costs are covered.
The application deadline is Monday, February 4, 2019 5:00 p.m. EST.
Please refer to the application package [PDF - 68 KB] for full details.
- Canada‑UK Artificial Intelligence Initiative
- SSHRC Insight Grants Armchair Discussion (Post Event)
- Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute: New Investigator Awards
- Government of Canada: Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Funding Program
- U.S. Mission to Canada Public Affairs Grants Program
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada's 2019 Fall Research Competition
- 2019 Early Career Investigator Award in Cystic Fibrosis Research
- Open Research Area 6th Call for Proposals