Funding, News and Announcements» Go to news main
Canadian Open Parkinson Network
Parkinson Canada together with Brain Canada are pleased to announce the creation of the Canadian Open Parkinson Network (C-OPN). The $2 million Platform Grant is intended to support the initial development and maintenance of a large-scale research network that is built on the foundation of the established and successful Quebec Parkinson Network (QPN).
The Canadian Open Parkinson Network will include:
- a patient registry with comprehensive clinical information
- a database with information from diagnostics, anatomical and functional measurements
- a biobank with patient biomaterials such as blood samples and DNA for genetic studies
C-OPN will build capacity and increase awareness among all levels of government, healthcare professionals, the research community, health charities and the general public.
For additional information, please visit the C-OPN news article on Brain Canada's website.
- SSHRC Insight Grants Armchair Discussion (Post Event)
- Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute: New Investigator Awards
- Canada‑UK Artificial Intelligence Initiative
- 2019 Early Career Investigator Award in Cystic Fibrosis Research
- Government of Canada: Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Funding Program
- Cystic Fibrosis Canada's 2019 Fall Research Competition
- Open Research Area 6th Call for Proposals
- CIHR Team Grant: Indigenous Component of Healthy Life Trajectories