Information for Vendors
This is a guide for individuals and organizations that are, or may become, vendors of goods or services to Dalhousie University.
Bid opportunities are posted at https://dal.bidsandtenders.ca/. Bidders can create an account to register for bid opportunities.
- Email notification of new bid opportunities
- Email notification of addendum
- Download bid documents online
- Submit and withdraw a bid online
- View bid results
It is the bidder's sole responsibility to access and download addenda, updates and new open bid opportunities.
Tendering and RFP
- The content of your bid submission should be limited to information necessary to respond to the RFP or Tender.
- Ensure you have read the Tender/RFP Terms and Conditions.
- Packaging used for submitting a sealed bid should be limited to the minimum necessary to protect the submission and to meet the requirements of the bid request. For example, bubble wrap, multiple sealed envelopes and excessive packing material should not be used unless necessary.
- Ensure that you have allowed sufficient time for unexpected delivery delays when submitting your bid.
- Bids will be opened in public by request, subject to the university’s public bid —opening procedures.
- Requests for debriefing from unsuccessful bidders must be made within 10 days of the award notice for a public bid.
- Vendors are able to identify incidents of unfair treatment during a public bidding process through Dalhousie’s Vendor Complaint Process (VCP).
Dalhousie's Policies and Procedures
Unauthorized Purchase Methods
All requests to purchase not using a university P-Card or a PO are unauthorized.
The university is not responsible for goods or services delivered without an authorized purchase request.
Vendors should ask for an authorized purchase request if one is not provided by a University employee who is initiating a purchase.
Vendors should contact the Procurement Department when requested to circumvent the procurement program.
Invoices and related inquiries should be directed to:
Dalhousie University Accounts Payable
Henry Hicks Academic Administration Building, Room 44
6299 South Street
Halifax, NS B3H 4H6
Telephone: (902) 494-2302 Fax: (902) 494-2848
Invoices not sent to the Accounts Payable Department may not be paid.
Goods and services supplied from foreign countries must comply with government-legislated and Dalhousie procedural requirements. Deliveries that do not meet these requirements may be refused at the Canadian border and returned to the vendor.
Purchases made with a university P-Card will include a reference number consisting of “DAL # # # # #”. This number is to be identified on shipping documentation.
Promotional materials, samples and other no charge items are subject to the same import requirements. Advance approval by Dalhousie’s Procurement Department to receive these items is required to avoid rejection of these items at the border.
Vendors are not permitted to misrepresent purchase value on shipping and or export documentation.
Responses to public bidding requests are subject to the same import requirements as the importing of goods. Allow sufficient time for delivery of responses to public bids.
Vendors are advised that sustainability elements are part of procurement considerations at Dalhousie University. Vendors are encouraged to highlight sustainable elements of their responses to quotations and sealed bids even if they are not specifically requested in the quotation or bid document.