Top 7 reasons to study Medicine at Dalhousie:
- Hands on in first year: Because of our early clinical skills program, you'll get hospital experience right off the bat.
- Provide patient-centred care: You'll learn how best to diagnose, advise, and treat patients - in classrooms, in clinics and in the Health Mentors Program.
- Be an agent of change: In addition to learning the traditions of medicine, you'll also take part in moving the profession forward by helping to provide more holistic and comprehensive care.
- Take part in multi-disciplinary collaboration: All across Dalhousie, researchers in a variety of programs and departments come together to share knowledge and innovate.
- Work through ethical dilemmas: We show you how to recognize issues in professional practice and to critically analyze situations to find well-reasoned solutions.
- Contribute to the community: In clinics, in the mid-program clerkship, and in elective courses, you'll have the opportunity to take part in hands-on learning in vulnerable or marginalized populations.
- Systems-based learning: Through several study units, you'll gain sound clinical knowledge on such topics as anatomy, pathology, histology, genetics, biochemistry, pharmacology, epidemiology, and physiology.
- Life-long learning: We'll give you the skills you need to self-assess, define your future educational goals, and solve unfamiliar problems as they arise on the job - key to success in the dynamic discipline of medicine.