PhD candidate in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
I’m particularly interested in building my own cell lines to investigate how nuclear organization impacts the vital process of DNA repair.
Research reputation and location (the atmosphere and the people in Halifax).
Why biochemistry & molecular biology?
It’s the scientific field that I had the most passion for, and also had the lab techniques I was most interested in learning and using.
What inspires you?
The use of novel, powerful genomic engineering strategies to investigate cellular processes at a level we have never been able to before. I’m particularly interested in using these strategies to build my own cell lines in order to investigate how nuclear organization impacts the vital process of DNA repair.
Teaching, labs & research groups
- Bioc 1040, 1420, 2610, 3400 teaching assistant
- Supervisor to a third year summer student
- Lemaître, C., Grabarz A., Tsouroula K., Andronov L., Furst T., Pankotai V., Heyer M., Rogier M., Attwood KM., Kessler P., Dellaire G., Klaholz B., Reina-San-Martin B., and Soutoglou E. Nuclear position dictates DNA repair pathway choice. Genes Dev 2014; 28(22):2450-63
- Pinder JB., Attwood K.M., and Dellaire G. Reading, writing, and repair: the role of ubiquitin and the ubiquitin-like proteins in DNA damage signaling and repair. Front Genet 2013; 4:45
- Andrin C., McDonald D., Attwood K.M., Rodrigue S., Ghosh R., Mirzayana J-Y., Masson G., Dellaire G., and Hendzel MJ. A requirement for polymerized actin in DNA double strand break repair. Nucleus 2012; 3(4): 384-95.
- Kuang Y-Q., Charette N., Frazer J., Holland P.J., Attwood K.M., Dellaire G., and Dupré D.J. Dopamine receptor-interacting protein 78 acts as a molecular chaperone for CCR5 chemokine receptor signaling complex organization. PLoS ONE 2012 7(7): e40522
- Kepkay R., Attwood K.M., Ziv Y., Shiloh Y., and Dellaire G. KAP1 depletion increases PML nuclear body number in concert with ultrastructural changes in chromatin. Cell Cycle 2011 10(2): 308-322
Awards, honours, conferences
- Killam Pre-doctoral Scholarship
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Postgraduate Scholarship (Doctoral)
- Dalhousie University President’s Award
- Keystone Symposia: Genomic Instability and DNA Repair, March 2013, Banff, AB
- 55th Annual Canadian Society for Molecular Biosciences Conference on Epigenetics and Genome Stability, March, 2012, Whistler, BC