Creativity meets technology
Our students test, analyze and develop machines and systems, applying creativity and innovation in the areas of solid mechanics, thermofluids, renewable energy and more. Learn more about our undergraduate program.
- Dean's Coffee Club, April 13, 2016
- Dean's Coffee Club, March 2, 2016
- Dean's Coffee Club: An Autonomous Sailboat attempts the Atlantic Crossing, January 20, 2016
- Engineering Design Showcase, highlights accessible designs for members of the community with visual impairments. December 8, 2015
- Biomedical Engineering Masters student wins Mitacs award for innovative ultrasound technolgy
Faculty and research
Our faculty members make important research contributions to the fields of controls and systems, design, heat transfer and fluids, energy and applied mechanics and dynamics. View faculty by research area.
Engineering in Dal News
- Talent on parade: Dal students prep colourful contribution to Halifax's Holiday Parade of Lights
- Art in the dark: Dal's creative contributions to Nocturne 2015
- Five things you didn't know about the Faculty of Engineering
- Dal's new Schulich Leaders set to make their mark
- Solving a "pressing" problem in rural Africa