Creativity meets technology
Our students test, analyze and develop machines and systems, applying creativity and innovation in the areas of solid mechanics, thermofluids, renewable energy and more. Learn more about our undergraduate program.
- Dean's Coffee Club: The Laboratory of Applied Multiphase Engineering (LAMTE), April 13, 2016
- Dean's Coffee Club: Sustainable Solutions for Aging Infrastructure, March 2, 2016
- Nova Scotia Product Design and Development Centre's, iDLab, brings Halifax photographer's vision for 'pro photo booth' to life!
- Industrial Engineering alum wins the Vital Cape Breton Excellence Award
- Biomedical Engineering Masters student wins Mitacs award for innovative ultrasound technolgy
Faculty and research
Our faculty members make important research contributions to the fields of controls and systems, design, heat transfer and fluids, energy and applied mechanics and dynamics. View faculty by research area.
Engineering in Dal News
- Electric version: A car converted by Dal Engineering students
- Supporting grad student research: Nova Scotia Graduate Scholarships help fund advances in knowledge, innovation and discovery
- Distilling the Dalhousie spirit
- New year, old beer: Dal prof helps test century‑old brew
- Agents of change: Dal hosts student innovation fellows