Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Data Mining the Deceased: Film & Discussion
Free public screening followed by expert-led discussion on current issues of genetic genealogy.
Genealogy is arguably the largest historical enterprise in the world, and one of the largest data mining operations. Data Mining the Deceased takes a look at individual and industry stakes in the phenomenon of family history.
- Julia Creet: Director of Data Mining the Deceased and English Professor, York University.
- Françoise Baylis: Bioethicist & Philosopher, University Research Professor, Dalhousie University.
- Darryl Leroux: Sogiologist of Indigeous DNA claims, Saint Mary's Unviersity.
- Officer of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- OIPC - Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner, Nova Scotia
- Halifax Public Libraries
- NTE Impact Ethics
- Dalhousie University
- COVID‑19 Vaccines Online Round‑table
- Human Embryo Research Beyond 14 Days? International Perspectives
- CBC Radio's The House: Should Canada Issue Vaccine Passports?
- Vaccine Passports Are Rife with Issues
- The Legislative Roots of Ontario's COVID‑19 Failure
- Should We Adopt Vaccine Certification Programs?
- Should Nova Scotia Redistribute Vaccines to Ontario? Not Yet
- Challenge Studies for COVID‑19: Now Is Not the Time