Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Free public screening with expert-led panel discussion afterwards.
Monday, March 27, 2017 (7:00PM)
QEII Royal Bank Theatre, Halifax Infirmary, Ground Floor, 1796 Summer St. entrance
Moderator: Tim Krahn (Research Associate, Novel Tech Ethics, Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS).
- Sabina Abidi (Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist. Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University & IWK Youth Psychosis Team. Head, Division of Outpatient Services, IWK Mental Health & Addictions Program, Halifax NS).
- Karim Dharamsi (Philosopher. Chair, Associate Professor, Department of General Education, Mount Royal University, Calgary AB).
- Carol Lamarche (Mental Health Knowledge Translation Specialist. Healing Tree Communications, Halifax NS).
Twenty years after the death of his parents, filmmaker Dinesh Sabu begins a journey to finally piece together their story.Uncovering a silenced family history of mental illness, Dinesh confronts the legacy of having a mother who lived with schizophrenia and died by suicide, the reality of growing up an orphaned immigrant, and the trauma of these events. Can he reconcile these truths all while living in the specter of mental illness?
Topics for discussion
- Allen, N. (17 Feb 2017). Unbroken Glass. RogerEbert.com.
- Calvario, L. (28 Sept 2016). 'Unbroken Glass' Trailer: Indie doc follows orphan family searching for the truth about their parents. Indie Wire.
- Anonymous. (25 Nov 2011-14 Jan 2012). Unbroken Glass: a film about immigration and mental illness. Kickstarter.
- Coronavirus: When Canadian Compassion Requires Social Distancing
- Germline Ethics
- Association of American Publishers Announces Subject Category Winners of 2020 Prose Awards
- Françoise Baylis—On her book ALTERED INHERITANCE: CRISPR AND THE ETHICS OF HUMAN GENOME EDITING
- Scientific Ethics & Gene Edited Babies
- Prison Sentence for Creator of First CRISPR Babies Reignites Ethical Debate
- Matthew Herder Fall Convocation Address
- The Ethics of Gene Editing