Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Having Our Baby: The Surrogacy Boom
Tues. 28 Feb 2017 (10:00PM EST).
Repeated again: 1 Mar 2017 (1:00AM EST)
Summary: Advances in medical technology and acceptance of gay marriage have fuelled a surrogate baby boom in Canada. Canadian surrogates are so desirable, foreign would-be parents now flock to Canada too. Everyone makes money off the deal, except the surrogate moms themselves. Having our Baby follows two childless couples and their surrogates as they navigate the legal and ethical challenges of this most intimate and contentious of transaction.
Françoise Baylis appears as an interviewee in this documentary on the topic of contract pregnancy ("surrogacy") in Canada.
Read a CBC article explaining Having Our Baby: The Surrogacy Boom.
Read Leung, W. Q & A: Surrogacy boom. (27 Feb 2017).The Globe and Mail.
- "Highs & Lows": Cannabis Use, Genetics, & Mental Illness
- Can't You Hear That Lonesome Whistle Blow? Why medical researchers stay silent about dangers to human subjects
- Genome Editing of Human Embryos Broadens Ethics Discussions
- Synthetic Biology: Blurring Boundaries to Create New Realities
- Medical Assistance in Dying: The Story of Law Reform in Canada
- A Test for Freedom of Conscience under the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms
- 'Simply to be Let In': Opening the Doors to Lower‑Income Older Adults & Their Companion Animals
- What is Ethical Healthcare Communication?