Events, By Category and Date:» Go to news main
Having Our Baby: The Surrogacy Boom
Tues. 28 Feb 2017 (10:00PM EST).
Repeated again: 1 Mar 2017 (1:00AM EST)
Summary: Advances in medical technology and acceptance of gay marriage have fuelled a surrogate baby boom in Canada. Canadian surrogates are so desirable, foreign would-be parents now flock to Canada too. Everyone makes money off the deal, except the surrogate moms themselves. Having our Baby follows two childless couples and their surrogates as they navigate the legal and ethical challenges of this most intimate and contentious of transaction.
Françoise Baylis appears as an interviewee in this documentary on the topic of contract pregnancy ("surrogacy") in Canada.
Read a CBC article explaining Having Our Baby: The Surrogacy Boom.
Read Leung, W. Q & A: Surrogacy boom. (27 Feb 2017).The Globe and Mail.
- Identity, Alzheimer's and End‑of‑life Care
- Human Nuclear Genome Transfer (So‑called Mitochondrial Replacement): Clearing the Underbrush
- Editorial Misconduct
- The Ethics of Gene Editing
- Human Gene Editing: The Dawn, the Zenith and the Dusk
- Social and Ethical Aspects of Genome Engineering
- Quality Concerns & Problems with Support for Bioethics Research
- Still Gloria: Personal Identity and Dementia