Our Leadership Development Framework is built on four leadership dimensions that reflect leading-edge practices, and integrate international and strategic issues to meet the specific needs and demands of client organizations.
Dalhousie's award-winning professors combine academic expertise with real private sector and public sector knowledge and experience to deliver a learning experience that is truly world class.
The Leadership Development Program enables participants to acquire knowledge and relevant skills and competencies, to achieve the following:
- Understand and demonstrate the leadership behaviours, attitudes, skills and competencies (BASC) of self-awareness, self-management, engagement, complexity and innovation
- Effectively lead teams within, across and external to the organization
- Lead responsibly and demonstrate values-based leadership
- Demonstrate complexity and systems thinking through strategic analysis, problem identification and problem-solving capacity
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to meet complex demands of the industry
- Create and assess their own and other’s leadership development
- Partner with others to increase organizational and leadership capacity overall